Are you looking for Best Medicare Supplement Plans 2017? Before we talk about Best Medicare Supplement Plans 2017, let’s take a quick look to the basic information about Medicare, how does its work and who can enroll for it?
If you are living in USA and turning into 65 soon or someone you know who is turning into 65, then you should get knowledge about Medicare because soon when you turn into 65, you will need to get Medicare service to pay your hospital bull and health related expenses
Medicare is insurance program in United States of America by Federal government in which the government provide health insurance for those Americans who are 65 year old or older than 65. The Medicare Supplement Plans 2017 also provided to young people who have disabilities and some specific types of diseases like end stage renal disease etc.
The purpose of Medicare is to provide health insurance to those who are not able to work anymore due to age or health problems. There are about 30 private companies’ across the United States who is also offering Medicare health insurance under the federal government. But it does not mean that you cannot purchase Medicare insurance except these 30 companies. There are thousands of individuals and companies who sell the Medicare insurance on behalf of Federal government.
Who can enroll for Medicare?
As I mentioned before the person who is 65 year old or older than 65 and those people who are disabilities are eligible for Medicare Supplement Plans 2017 but there are number of other people too who can also enroll for Medicare.
- An American who is not getting social security benefits.
- An American person who is not getting railroad retirement benefits.
- An American who has end stage renal disease.
- A person living in Puerto Rico and want to sign up for Medicare insurance Part B. For this purpose you should have Part A.
What is Medicare Supplement insurance?
It is the type of health insurance in which insurance policy sold by individuals and private companies which helps to pay health care cost that the original Medicare insurance does not cover, for example deductibles etc.
Original Medicare does not provide you number of things which you can get in supplement insurance plan, for example original Medicare by Federal government does not cover medical cost when you travel outside the United States.
Types of supplement insurance
Supplemental insurance is divided in to three types.
- Disability Insurance: This insurance policy is specially designed for those people who are totally disabled and unable to work. There is no limit or requirement to enroll for this policy. Anyone who is disable and not able to work due to his or her health condition can enroll for supplemental disability insurance.
- Accident and Sickness Insurance: Accident and sickness insurance plan cover the bill of hospitalization. This could be anything related to hospitalization, like emergency room care, outpatient surgery and many more.
- Critical Illness Insurance: As the name says by itself, the critical illness insurance policy helps you to pay the cost associated with major illness recovery including hospitalization cost.
Medicare Supplement Plans 2017 sell by private companies has the same benefits which Medicare provided but the different is only the cost premium. The cost could be vary company to company or even state to state. Some companies offer huge discount while some companies reduce the premium cost etc. Check out www.medisupps.com to compare different Medicare Supplement Plans 2017.